From the first day we proudly wear our uniform to the last days were we drag, pull and heave ourselves to school… We pray for it to come to a sudden end. Sometimes, we have dreams that the school has burnt down and we no longer have to go to school. Not to mention those ever so desired snow days where the school falls prisoner to an avalanche of white heaven.
For me, the it has arrived. I no longer go to school or under obligation to stay in academic studies! I am free. But am I really? There will be things that I miss about school but things and people I so ardently push out of my life.
Although my last exam was an absolute train wreck and I should probably enquire into jobs at a strip club or something more modest like a charity fundraiser. The blow is softened by the liberation I feel.
But how many times has an aged relative said to you…
“You’ll miss it”
“The school years are the best years of your life”
“Now get ready for the real world”
I’m am certain when I say, the only thing I will miss is the comfort and security of school and the exemption from the ritual of paying bills. Not that I didn’t make memories at my school… It’s just that I didn’t really like it and seldom went in.
But on a more melancholy note, here are some things I’d miss…
- The teachers, in the latter years of my time at school, I have found that teachers are so much more than naggy wannabe parents who have no lives, they actually are capable of forming personal relationships and being understanding!
- The food, the school canteen food was in no way Michelin star worthy but they had their good days… Southern fried chicken Tuesday and chocolate muffins
- The security, now that I’ve left school I suppose I am an adult and have to start looking for adult things, like a job if my grades fall through and experience to add to my CV
- Of course the people, I’ll miss my friends so much but it’s not too heart breaking because I’ll see them outside of school
- The drama, I’d rather cry over someone bitching about me as oppose to not being able to pay my bills
- The free stuff… Never had to pay for any stationary
This is about it, I’m sure we all have our own memories of school and things that we will miss…. But I am looking forward to what the future holds. Cheese or what! But on the bright side… SUMMER IS OFFICALLY HERE!