A place to go where you are elevated from distress or a place to enhance your tranquil state of mind. We all have that one place we love to go to. From the cinemas where we take our friends to laugh, cry and cringe or the Bahamas where we sip cocktails and take embarrassing pictures. For me, the beach is a little bit of heaven on earth. I’m not fortunate enough to leave near the edge of Britain and to be in walking distance of from one heaven (my bed) to another… But this is not a factor that diminishes my love for the sandy landscape, air of salinity and a ferrocious endearing ocean which reminds you that there is a whole world out there to explore.
Britains beaches are not famous for the bliss of the Mediterranean nor are they famous for the exotic and colourful species which reside in their clear blue oceans… In fact, it’s sort of like looking at a Instagram picture of a beach then being catfished on your arrival.
What you envision our coastlines to look like…
Okay okay I’m being biased and dramatic, they really aren’t that dismal but nevertheless, I do love all beaches. They are places I love to visit at all times of the year in all countries.
Here are 10 reasons why I love the beach…
- I love the beach because: they are essentially the natural beauty spa. Sand which natural exfoliants and a sea that aids in in getting that sun kissed glow, not to mention that beach wave hair all of us endeavour to recreate.
- I love the beach because: I always find that Britains seasides serve up the freshest and most delectable Fish and Chips I have ever had!
- I love the beach because: people there are genuinely happy, even though we get sand in our eyes and our annoying friends wish to dunk you in the sea, we really are more contented (it could just be me)
- The animals: all over the world, you are offered an array of animals to encounter. From fish, Dolphins, camels or donkeys… There is always something cool to do
- The Arcades: I’m not sure whether this is just a British thing, but I love wasting all my money on games I’ll never win and fruit machines I have no idea how to operate!
- Ice Cream: we all love ice cream I’m sure… What better place to enjoy a 99p
- The swimsuits: I love pretty swim suits, sure there is the daunting prospect of a famous ‘beach body’ but who will look at your rolls when you’ve got a Dior swimsuit on?
- The pictures: I have had my fair share of beach pics… Whether with the animals or on being buried in the sand, literally, I love the snap shots.
- The ocean: this will depend on where you are really, because abroad the beaches are Instagram worthy and the sea doesn’t usually have a coke can knocking about, but I love swimming as far out as I can and feeling free. But I am always plagued by the idea of jellyfish and various other sea life.
- The freedom: if you’re not fortunate enough to live near a beach, you probably drop all your plans to go there meaning you are there purely to have fun
Plus, you can do cool things like this… (Thank you)
Where is your little bit of heaven?